Thursday, March 15, 2007

March Madness

It's not all about Basketball! Let's make this clear...this blog is all about dating angst, specifically mine! And let me just say that my current state of angst is currently tied with the competition and I'm driving for the basket! Yes that's right, I used a sports metaphor!

First dates, second dates, online dates....it's really very confusing for this single woman. Having been "light" on the dates over the last few years and concentrating on my daughters boyfriend, my career and my friends love lives, I'm having a bit of a challenge in figuring out what to do.

1. To kiss or not to kiss on the first date?
2. What makes a great first date?
3. Should you see someone again if things didn't go the way you thought they should?
4. What do you wear on the first date anyway?
5. How much information do you share when speaking with someone online or in person?
6. Sex? When?
7. What to tell your friends?

1. Kissing: My gays would say, kiss on the first date....hell go for the sex! Why is it that they seem to just not analyze the whole process at all? For God's Sakes....someone please fill me in on that one. They kiss, they have sex, they don't care if he calls, they call them the next day without freaking out, they see multiple people, they go out numerous nights of the week and still seem to look good at work the next day! Jeez they drive me crazy! But as far as kissing goes...always remember, if he does go for the kiss and proceeds to slobber all over you....you aren't to go there again! Do not and I repeat do not go for a sloppy second date!

2. First Date: What makes a great first date....movie (can't really talk), drinks (alcohol helps), dinner (he always asks you a question when your mouth is full), dessert (no way, you've been holding your stomach in for the last two hours...not possible). What really constitutes a great date? hmmmm....someone please tell me 'cause I haven't been able to figure it out. Over the last 18 years I've had plenty...first dates that is. Some have been great, some I've been embarrassed about and some I've lost friends over (yes that's right, fix me up with a crazy and you're history)!

3. 2nd Date: Nerves, high expectations, chemistry...they all play a role. Listen, it happens to the best of us, but something drew you to them in the first place and when you're dating you have to see the glass half full! I say, go for it...and let me just say this, I say what I mean and mean what I say, 'cause this type of situation just happened to me and I'm going for round 2 tomorrow night! I'll keep you posted as to the outcome.

4. What to wear: Something comfortable, 'cause you'll be holding it in all night! You know you will!

5. How much to tell: For god sakes...don't tell him about crazy Aunt Mary or that funny sore you found on your ex-boyfriend! And especially don't mention the time you were at the Union Street Fair back in the 80's and danced on the bar at Perry's! (Yes, I still have the pictures)

6. Sex: Well.....you know we all have that little secret to keep us from going there to soon...you know the one, DON'T SHAVE YOUR LEGS! But just in case, drop a razor in your bag!

7. Friends: Tell them absolutely everything! You may be glad you did...they may just save you from Bob the guy who kept scratchin' himself under the table during dinner!!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

LD,is this what women really think about when their thinking about dating.

LadyLD1960 said...

First off, don't be scared to leave your name....I don't bite!

Secondly, yes they think of this and about a thousand other things...ask a woman nicely and she may tell you.