Sunday, March 18, 2007

The 2nd Date

If you recall from my last post, I mentioned having recently experienced what could only be called an "unusual" first date. Yes, someone I met online. We proceeded to get to know each other via email and instant messaging (romantic right). Then came date numero uno....it wasn't fabulous....it wasn't bad, but definitely not fantastic. We met at Chaya (my fav). What happened? Absolutely nothing happened to say eeeck gad, horrible date, He was pleasant, I was pleasant but we were starting from ground zero which threw us both for a loop. Neither one of us could figure out why we had such a connection online and zippo in person! I was definitely a little sad on the way home....but the troopers that we are decided we'd give it another shot!

Date Numero Dos: Wow.... fabulous...amazing (insert your own positive adjective) it was well, one of the best dates I've ever had. Knowing my friends who read this, I'm certain you are all highly anticipating the details....but you're not getting them here!! That's right, I ain't saying a word in this post, are you kidding me! I, if nothing else am not an idiot!!! It would be better to talk about the other billion or so 1st dates I've had. None are more memorable than the bad ones....and I've had plenty of those. The following is true, exaggeration will not be necessary...not a slight chance I'll need to!

Bad Date Number 1: His name escapes me....but it was probably Bill, Jim or some other similar type name....frankly, I blanked it out of my memory. I'll just call him Tom....Tom was an architect, a friend of a friend, new to town, solid specimen of a man...or so my "friend" told me. "Great sense of humor, absolutely beautiful green eyes, you're gonna love him" she said. We exchanged numbers through my friend Laura...her name I'll never forget (by the way we don't speak any more) so I'm calling her out....yes that's right her name was Laura and she knows what she did! Tom called, he seemed pleasant enough...we decide to go for a beer at the Irish Bank (no better place for a Guinness). I arrive first or so I thought. I wait for 15 minutes while I notice a guy looking my way throughout that time but not making a move...he's too busy talking to another woman at the bar. She leaves giving him a strange look...he walks towards me (first bad sign). What am I sloppy seconds...jeez. He looks fine enough from afar, however once he approaches and sits down...those beautiful green eyes are looking right at me.....WRONG! One is looking at the ceiling and the other towards his own nose! What's a girl to do in this situation...I mean I had no clue, I smiled, I chatted, I tried to look at him! It was just too confusing! I noticed the scratches in the bar, counted the number of bubbles in the foam on my Guinness...God I was miserable. I felt bad, I,didn't want to be one of those people who wouldn't consider him because of a physical imperfection, but come on now! Why hadn't someone (Laura or him perhaps) mentioned this particular piece of information??? But here's the kicker...as I'm sitting there trying to be as pleasant as possible (not wanting him to say something derogatory to Laura) he mentions that he needs to end the "date" because he has another one coming in in about 10 minutes! "It was a pleasure to have met you though" he says! Are you kidding me! Come on now, who is this guy! Does he do this to make women miserable? To brag to his friends that he had 3 dates in the same night? To make himself feel like a stud? OMG! Now, I am certain and I mean certain that you all have figured out why Laura and I no longer speak!

5 comments:

Nadya Dee said...

lol...i'm still stuck at the cast eyes...you're brave...i wouldn't have been able to contain myself.

LadyLD1960 said...

Nadyadee,

Brave I don't know....but I'm happy you got a kick out of my crazy dating life!

sparkle said...

I remember you telling that story! Glad that you had a good 2nd date! Will wait for more juicy posts!

Anonymous said...

That's just plain wrong, I mean scheduling more than one date that night in the same location! At least be cool enough to meet other dates at a different place - and you SO DON'T tell your first (or second or third) that you were or are going out with others - ICK - run away, run away! HPT

LadyLD1960 said...

HPT,

Let me tell you...I ran from the date, from my friend who fixed me up and just plain ran from dating. Thank goodness that lil story happened about 10 years ago...now it's funny, but then well that's another story!