Tuesday, March 13, 2007

Let's talk about Match.com

I swear I have two different friends who've met the love of their lives on Match.com....frankly, that fact is a constant irritant to me. Yes, I've signed up (three different times actually) and lasted all of 30 days each time. Here's where my relationship or lack there of with MDC starts...

I take on a fabulous new job at the Hotel Adagio...blah, blah, blah. First thing out of my new General Manager's mouth (well, not really but it sounds good), you're single right? Did you know that the last Director of Sales & Marketing found her love on MDC and moved to Hawaii?. (insert roll of eyes) I smiled politely and thought Oh God, I hope I don't have to sit where she did...then I thought, Oh God, I hope I do! I mean really, maybe I'd get lucky right?

How to write a profile well...who knows, I sure don't. Maybe what I describe and ask for in mine doesn't translate well. Or maybe the people who actual see my photo and aren't horrified don't bother to read what I spent days writing and re-writing and pondering over every detail. Let me be clear....if I say I'm looking for someone who's between 40 and 50 with all of their teeth, then dammit I mean it. What's the deal with all of the 55 - 60 year old men winking and emailing saying "we have so much in common"....ugh! First off, I'm 46....feel 36 and on a good day look the same. Why would I want to go out with someone who doesn't know who The Cure is. Didn't dance til the wee hours of the morning at DNA Lounge or the Holy Cow or has more in common with my Aunt Yvonne than me! Secondly, I don't hike....(I walk) not that I won't but I don't want to! That goes for hunting, scuba diving, mountain climbing and meditation. Hey if you love it, great...but why are you contacting me? Did you not take a half of a second to actually read what I wrote? I think not. I love the emails that are filled with poor vocabulary, bad grammer and spelling errors!! Oh ya baby, I'll be all over you. I can't type fast enough to get in touch with you, especially since you live in Roanoke, VA!! As I mentioned in my profile I'm picky.

5 comments:

Dardin Soto said...

.... welcome to the blogosphere Madam DinSF... where some men are men, some woman are woman, some men are woman, some woman are men,... and sheep are always running scared.

I love this,... I feel like i've removed but a single rose petal from the rosebud,... and I am watching the purloined drop of morning dew cascade along the web of its veins.... so red the rose, so pink the person, so violet you heart,...

Dont stop the dance,...

LadyLD1960 said...

Only Truth-Pain could leave a comment like this one!

sparkle said...

Hey Lady LD, Great first blog and you know I love the title, living in the second most-populated gay city! I actually just entered the blog world with a group of 7 women and my day is Tuesday! Slowly but surely! Let's chat soon!

Dardin Soto said...

... and the floodgates open :)

LadyLD1960 said...

T-P, One little drop of water does not cause the gates to break open...but thanks for the confidence!