Tuesday, April 10, 2007

What Else Could Happen???

This week that is...

Talk about busy! I don't know what's gotten into me or my life, but as I mentioned in my last post, "What's Goin' On?", people came out of the woodwork; My social life has exploded and I've somehow found myself moving back to San Francisco!

First, let's talk the dating scene. As you all know, I've been signed up on Match.com for about two months now. The longest I've ever been signed on; which is shocking to me really...however, I've decided to close my profile down. That's right, I'm ending my relationship with this online dating hell hole. Frankly, I'm just not into it. I've met one person for a date (two dates with him actually) and really enjoyed myself but it ended up going nowhere; I'm hoping it was timing and not something I did, but God only knows. Anyway, besides the men in their 60's who kept contacting me, the men who were 5'6" and under and the guys who couldn't spell to save their lives, I thought I might just do better on my own (with a little help from my friends).

So one of "those" people who came out of their cave was Jan...the "old" boyfriend. He flew in from Spain and wanted to catch up. He looked good and I mean good. We went to Bacar (one of my favorite places) and then we proceeded to act like we were EuroTrash! Starting the night at 9pm for dinner makes you feel like you're in Europe anyway. We rehashed the last 13 years without each other and then he said "let's do it like I do in Barcelona" (with his adorable accent) and he meant "make an evening" of it. Dinner at Bacar, drinks and dancing at Levende Lounge, Martini's at Vessel, live music at some great after hours place that had no name, champagne and dessert at 5am in the Penthouse Suite, God what was I thinking! Well, I was thinking I wanted to let loose and have some fun...and I did! Why is it that some great guy comes out of nowhere when you least expect it; just to take your mind off things! Thank you Jan! Now, let me be clear, I know that Thursday night was great and that it will go nowhere, however it sure did make me feel better about life and that's exactly what I needed. I also needed about 2 full days to recover from sleep deprivation not to mention the alcohol!

So what else has been happening? Well, dinner with friends, drinks with others, Latin concerts, found a new biography on Abraham Lincoln, signed up for Salsa Lessons, BBQ with my comadre's for Easter; I've even slipped in a conversation or two with a prospective date (yes, you can find them even without Match.com) and you can communicate on the telephone, just like in the old days (imagine that). I was also asked out again for a second date (for the second time) and finally accepted. But the most exciting thing is I'm heading back to the "city" where I belong.

Yes, you heard me, for some reason, I took a moment and looked at a new loft on Potrero Hill and they actually offered me a lease! I am freaking out! First off, it's fabulous, secondly I'll be back in San Francisco but most importantly the place just plain fits me! I have two weeks to pack before I leave on a two week business trip and then return for one night before I move in! Aren't taxes due too? Nothin' like making my life crazy! I seem to do this on occasion, but I love it!

Am I purposefully over scheduling my life, maybe...I just realized it's all about attitude. Instead of worrying, stressing, crying and thinking the worst, I've decided to not let the little things get me down in life. I've seen first hand over the last two weeks, true hardships that others are experiencing; health issues, financial issues, insecurities in my daughter, etc. and I've decided that my little dating challenges are squat in comparison! What's that mean? Well, it means I'm not turning down opportunities to spend time with old friends, new friends, work associates and most importantly potential love interests!! Screw Match.com...I just need to look around at all of the fabulous people I know and take advantage of everyone I meet on a daily basis! So far my plan is working perfectly 'cause one of my favorite people is coming into town this weekend to spend a little time with LadyLD...!!

Dating Angst????? Fahgettaboutit!!

No comments: